About the program
You can expect a fun, challenging, and unique opportunity to gain insight into Sentinel’s business units. This program is divided into rotational placements lasting 10 weeks each over a 12-month period. You will be rotating through our Insurance, Health & Welfare, Service Center, Sentinel Operations, Retirement Plan Advisory, and Wealth Management departments to ensure you are exposed to a variety of functions within the company. The Sales & Business Development program allows you the opportunity to develop deep functional expertise while gaining broad exposure to our business and customer relationships.
Once acclimated to Sentinel (after approximately 4 months), participants will simultaneously begin learning prospecting techniques in a Sales Development Representative (SDR) role. As an SDR, you will learn how to nurture leads to a sales-ready state. This role will drive demand for Sentinel’s products and services in a variety of ways. In addition you will receive personalized sales training, allowing you the opportunity to cultivate your own sales approach before moving into a quota carrying Sales position in the organization.
What the program offers
- A structured rotational program from which to launch a career in financial services and employee benefits
- An assigned a mentor who can offer guidance and support throughout the program
- Exposure to the organization’s overall make-up and strategy
- Training in not only technical skills, but also in general professional skills and business acumen
- Sponsorship of Series 65, 7 and Life, Accident & Health Licenses
This program gives participants a unique opportunity to develop personal relationships with Senior Management including Vice Presidents and Directors of the firm. All participants are assigned a mentor to help them navigate through the company. The mentor is a senior employee with years of experience and scores of expertise working at Sentinel.
In addition to learning the business, we encourage participants to enjoy our company culture and invite them to partake in both charity and social events, and programs (volunteer work, community outreach, outings, company sponsored sports teams, etc.).
We are looking for natural leaders and innovative thinkers to drive our business forward. Someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, drive, determination, and the strength of character to challenge the status quo. Flexibility, mobility, and the willingness to embrace change are vital too, as you rotate through the program and start your future career at Sentinel.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well within and/or lead a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Demonstrates our core values, integrity, excellence, empowerment, expertise and innovation