We are finally in the thick of summer! During the hot summer months, conditions like heat stroke, heat exhaustion and sun poisoning are common. To avoid a serious, even fatal, complication from too much sun, follow these tips for keeping cool.
1. Drink more than eight 8-ounce glasses of water daily.
2. Don’t wait to drink until you are thirsty.
3. Dress for the weather in lightweight clothing made of natural fabrics and a well-ventilated hat.
4. Stay inside during the warmest part of the day (roughly 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.).
5. Eat lighter, more refreshing foods and skimp on heavy meals.
6. Think cool—cool showers and cold compresses on your pulse points will cool you down!